[TriLUG] Distro suggestions

Lee Fickenscher elfick at mac.com
Tue Dec 19 15:21:57 EST 2006

On Dec 19, 2006, at 3:13 PM, Magnus wrote:

> Jason S. Evans wrote:
>
>>   I'm looking to try out a new Linux distro, and I'm looking for
>> suggestions.  I've recently tried OpenSuSE, Ubuntu, Fedora Core,
>> Damn Small, and Debian.  So, what should I try next?
>

> Try something that isn't Linux at all.  Perhaps OpenBSD?
>
> If you have a few weeks to spare to come up with a very barebones
> useable system, Gentoo is worth a try.

LOL, quit it! A barebones Gentoo install can be done in a day. I used
to do a full gnome install in a weekend and that was before they had
GRP. Now, I did have a fairly current system, an athlon that was a
year or so old,  but if you aren't trying to install on a 386 it
shouldn't take more than a weekend for a full install.