[TriLUG] Web based maps project

Brian Bell bbellwfu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 12:25:24 EST 2006

I am working on a project exactly like this right now - I am using Google
Maps API.

The new API offers the ability to place poly lines on the map. You just
enter a series of line endpoints and it connects the dots.  I have not been
able to get it to "fill" the area with a color overlay (at say, 30% opacity)
to  differentiate one service area from an adjoining area.

But - for what I've done so far, it seems to be doing well.  I am also using
a PHP class that wraps everything from the API.  Pretty slick
http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/GoogleMapAPI/

Good luck,
Brian