[TriLUG] problems using verizon to connect to a postfix + dovecot mail server

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 22:16:44 EST 2007

We have an employee that is using his verizon phone and verizon mail service to get email from our mail server.  At first his phone would download the messages but never display them, now he has successfully gotten the phone to dl his folders but can not access his inbox.  This worked with his previous Treo phone but now its my "job" to resolve this issue with another phone he has purchased.  All I can see in the logs is $user logged in $user logged out.  Is there any more troubleshooting I can do to see what is going on with this situation.  Are there any other logs other than maillog that can tell me exactly what is going on?
Regards,
Chris