[TriLUG] Fwd: [linux-elitists] Vista Launch

James Brigman jbrigman at nc.rr.com
Thu Jan 25 11:28:54 EST 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-25 at 10:26 -0500, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Anyone have any thoughts about doing something
> like this locally?

It's a great idea to take advantage of the Vista launch to publicize
Linux, and be ready with a good distro like Ubuntu or CentOS.

I wish the Linux Faithful had a catchy slogan, like "64x5" for "64 bit
for 5 years now" or something like that.

Anyone who adopts Vista early is going to be in for some severe pain and
a wallet biopsy when they've got to replace apps that won't work any
more. Not to mention hardware that may not work. If I've torpedoed my PC
and have nothing to lose anyway, (and possibly much to gain) I might be
more interested in trying out something different.

JKB