[TriLUG] Another seal not yet broken... using Greylisting

jonc jonc at nc.rr.com
Mon Jan 29 11:04:10 EST 2007

Thanks for the heads up Tanner.

I vetted the script before I put it on my server. It does exactly what I
wanted it to do. Also, it also came with Wietse Venema's stamp of
approval - which is (in my opinion) a pretty damn good endorsement.

There were a couple of others that I also considered, but since I wanted
to get it up and tested this weekend I didn't have time to vet those.

<jon quick checks the latest load stats again...>

Yep, the load stats this morning are much lower than normal :-)
The greylisting must be slowing down those evil bots!

There is a greylist app written in C (described on one of the excellent
sites you point to below) that I'm going to look at later on, but for
now this simple perl script is a champion.

11 hours + after greylisting was initiated and no spam has made it
through. Very impressive.