[TriLUG] Another seal broken... thinking of installing a C/R anti-spam system

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon Jan 29 17:03:20 EST 2007

David McDowell wrote:
> In this thread we've seen some metrics and performance opinions on
> greylisting... what about the latest spamassassin working with
> sa-update?

I've actually not been too impressed.  Lots of spam gets through, and I
do maintain a corpus of manually sorted ham and spam that is updated
every 24 hours.

I tend to err on the side of caution with my UCE controls, though,
because I've found repeatedly if I get much more aggressive I get false
positives.  Unacceptable.

I'm between OpenBSD boxes right now (the new firewall isn't quite to my
liking yet) so I'm not getting as much pre-SA filtering as I would like.