[TriLUG] Cool Linux phone, and grep question

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 09:11:58 EST 2007

couldn't you do a recursive ls and pipe it into grep?

ls -R *.c | grep "schedule"

WMM

On 1/31/07, Tim Jowers <timjowers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Check out this OpenSource phone:
> http://linuxdevices.com/news/NS2986976174.html
> I need to get one to play with in the near future. I hope this will
> succeed
> more than J2ME has so far.
>
> Oh yeah,
>
> Does grep have a recursive AND file match option? How can I do a recursive
> grep on .c files?
>
> # grep "schedule" -R *.c
> grep: *.c: No such file or directory
>
> So far I'm doing:
> grep "schedule(" -R * | grep ".c"
> or
> find . -name '*.c' | xargs grep "schedule("
>
> Am I missing something with grep?
>
> Tim

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2