[TriLUG] Squirrel Mail Question

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Mon Feb 12 10:34:44 EST 2007

Group:

A friend of mine asked me the following question about some odd Squirrel
Mail behaviour.  Since I don't have any experience with that package, I
wasn't able to be much help.  Can anyone else offer any assistance?

Thanks,
Brian

----- Forwarded message from Ron Pettigrew <rwpett at bdmcc.com> -----

I am running into an issue with Squirrel mail that started 3 weekends
ago.  Squirrel does not seem to keep the connection between it and the
mailserver.  sometimes the screen won't even finish painting because the
 data has stopped coming from the mailserver.

The mail server shows a disconnect almost immediately after a connection
from Squirrel.

When I connect using firefox, the connection stays good till I close it
out, this is the way it used to behave with squirrel.  I don't know what
I did if I did anything.  I checked the squirrel config and even updated
the software of squirrelmail and of dovecot.  The same thing is still
happening.

Any suggestions where I should be looking?  Nothing of interest is
showing up in the logs except for the quick disconnects by squirrel mail.