[TriLUG] Need to compare pw's

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Mon Feb 12 22:08:50 EST 2007

We're basically inventorying all our servers. Since these are in a devel
lab, the users move the servers around (literally) sometimes, can
rebuild their boxes on the fly (they loose our support), etc.

This will be part of our inventory process, to see *if* the passwords
have been changed (i.e. rebuilt server so no longer under support)

I wish I could give more specifics, but due to the nature, I have to be
pretty vague.

These servers are already part of NIS+, with local root.

Again, I don't want to make the passwords the same, just check to see if
they are. purely inventory only.