[TriLUG] Employment Opportunity

Chander Ganesan chander at otg-nc.com
Wed Feb 14 10:39:20 EST 2007

The Open Technology Group (OTG) is a technology training company whose
products/solutions are focused around Open Source software.  OTG
develops and maintains a large library of intellectual property that is
used to deliver our training solutions.  OTG provides primarily
"business to business" solutions, and is currently not a participant in
consumer markets (our clients are employed, and seek to augment or add
to their skills).

The Open Technology Group, Inc has an opening available for an Open
Source instructor.  We are looking for a candidate that has the
following experience/skills:

    * Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
    * The ability to quickly grasp and apply new concepts (this is a
      cutting edge position - with a host of new technology courses
      being developed each year).
    * Experience managing and developing applications using open source
      databases (MySQL & PostgreSQL specifically) as well as an
      understanding of the internals of such products (candidate should
      consider himself an experienced DBA with either of these).
    * Experience developing applications using one or more of the
      following languages: PHP, PERL, TCL/TK, Python, the BASH shell .
      While experience using all of these languages isn't required, the
      candidates knowledge/experience should be at or near the "expert"
      level for at least one of these (for example, if the candidate
      knows PERL, he should feel comfortable writing a CPAN module along
      with the requisite validation tests and documentation).
    * A passion for teaching - passing knowledge and skills on to others
      that are truly interested in learning (our customers are generally
      motivated to learn, and often have solid deliverables based on
      what they learn in our courses).
    * An interest in working for a small (and fast growing) company.

Recent/upcoming college graduates are encouraged to apply as well!
Salary/compensation is commensurate with experience (this is a full-time
salaried position).

This job is located in Morrisville, NC (in the Research Triangle Park area).

OTG Instructors typically work an 8:30 - 4:30 PM work day M-F.

This job involves optional travel (no travel is required, but there are
lots of opportunities if you are interested (both Domestic and
International).

The Open Technology Group is an equal opportunity employer, and provides
generous vacation time, medical benefits, and 401k .  OTG also is a
financial supporter of a range of Open Source projects.  Relocation is
possible for the right candidate.

Qualified candidates should submit a resume/CV via email to
'jobs at otg-nc.com' .

--
Chander Ganesan
The Open Technology Group