[TriLUG] linux accessable CD/DVD autoloader for archiving?

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 16 12:48:59 EST 2007

Dude,

Check out Amanda - an opensource backup server for Unix. They list
support for all kinds of autochangers etc.  About 8 years ago, I ran a
couple of auto-changers and robots off a Linux box. They were standard
scsi devices and I didn't use any special apps; I just scripted access
to them. It was all pretty easy.

These days HD's are so cheap that we back up to multiple servers with
large HD repositories. The backups are fast easy and cheap... and easy
to pull back online if we ever need them.

Good Luck!

Jon Carnes