[TriLUG] HDTV card

Matt Bidwell bidwell at dead-city.org
Mon Feb 19 16:09:27 EST 2007

jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
> its cleverly embed in the hardware encoder/decoder on my pvr-350.. ;)
> Im running my mytv box out of a mini-itx fanless processor. I doubt the via processor has enough
> horsepower to run the box AND do the encoding/decoding.
> besides, I dont even have a HDTV yet :(
>
> Jason

<snip>
I'm runing my PCHDTV on a VIA mini-itx board and it does the
recording great(no noticeable cpu load).  That's for HDTV(ATSC).
Haven't really tried to do any NTSC recording which might take
up a fair bit of CPU.  It's the playback that's the issue, as getting
a video card to play back HDTV on a VIA is a PITA, even with
Openchrome drivers.

Matt