Visit IBM (was Re: Informal TriLUG Lunch? (was Re: [TriLUG] visiting Red Hat HQ))

Rob Rousseau ki4bke at nc.rr.com
Tue Feb 20 14:13:24 EST 2007

Ok, I have updated the wiki.  Be sure to sign up if you are planning to
come.  We'll need to know for the lunch and front gate access security
stuff.
http://www.trilug.org/wiki/Visit_IBM
Basically here is what is says:
Thanks,
-Rob

      Calling an informal IBM Lunch & Learn!

Based on a recent post
<http://www.trilug.org/pipermail/trilug/Week-of-Mon-20070205/046388.html>
was suggested that an informal TriLUG lunch be held while an
"out-of-stater" was in town. This sparked the idea of having a small
tour of the main IBM facilities and such uses of linux in
DeveloperWorks. Hence the Tour below.

      Summary

    * *When:*: Wednesday, 28/February/2007 @ 12:00pm-1:30pm?
    * *Where*: http://www.ibm.com/ off Davis Dr. in RTP
    * *What*: Lunch with out of town visitors and other TriLUG people.
      Lunch will be catered.
    * *Why*: Learn more about IBM's DeveloperWorks
      http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/ by talking with Senior
      Programmer Dr. Ian Shields, http://www.cybershields.com/. Will
      also have a tour of the IBM Global Services Executive Briefing
      Center, the Operations monitoring Command Center and the raised
      floor afterwards.

      List of People Showing Up

To help get an idea of how many people are coming, please edit this page
and add your name to the list and any special dietary lunch
considerations (vegan, etc...)

   1. Rob Rousseau
   2. Catherine Devlin
   3. Daniel Bartholomew
   4. Tim Jowers
   5. Jason Welsh
   6. Brian Henning
   7. /Your name here.../

      Directions

IBM Software Executive Briefing Center - Research Triangle Park, NC
located in B002 on IBM main campus at 3039 Cornwallis Road, Research
Triangle Park, NC 27709.

Best way is to take Davis Drive exit off I-40 and head north. At the
intersection of Cornwallis and Davis, continue straight through the
traffic light towards the guard house. More information will be posted
here for where to park and which entrance to use.