[TriLUG] top-like command for monitoring disk I/O

Alan Porter porter at trilug.org
Thu Feb 22 10:23:30 EST 2007

> does iostat help any?

Iostat tells me the same that gkrellm did.

Gkrellm, for those who do not know, is a fancy monitor with little
scrolling windows for system load, disk I/O, network traffic, memory
usage, and whatever plugins you'd like to add.

The name comes from the movie "Forbidden Planet", where a race of people
called the "Krell" had a big machine that controlled everything. This
machine had a big room with lots of monitors, and that's what the author
had in mind.

Alan