[TriLUG] OT: PayPal - Good or Bad

Michael Rulison 13miketele at bellsouth.net
Sat Feb 24 08:40:02 EST 2007

This list is very active on several off topic areas, so...

I have heard that PayPal follows its own procedures on when and whether
to remit balances it holds to the bank accounts of person who have set
up accounts there and that these procedures differ from those of banks
and are not subject to government regulator review, that the only
external review is if you have the funds to go to court. More
specifically, that it may hold funds indefinitely declaring that they
were obtained from persons engaged in illegal activities.

While my own few experiences have been satisfactory, I wonder whether
there is any body of evidence or opinion to the contrary that deserves
respectful consideration?

Thanks.