[TriLUG] OT: anyone in downtown Raleigh tall building?

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 10:47:38 EST 2007

On 2/26/07, David McDowell <turnpike420 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This particular event has unique timing for those of us on the East
> Coast.  As moon rise occurs, the lunar eclipse will already be
> underway.  The idea for tallest building vantage point is to catch the
> event as early as possible and watch through the end.  Also, as we all
> know, the moon will appear larger the closer it is to the horizon,
> making for a more dramatic photo.  It will be dark before the event
> ends... and since this isn't a faint star or comet and you can see the
> moon with the naked eye, "dark sky" is not an issue.  Look here for
> photos of one I took from my condo near NCSU with a less than stellar
> camera a few years ago:

If you have a stellar camera now, like, say the one on the Hubble, could I
brrow it :)

http://www.turnpike420.net/gallery2/v/Weather/LunarEclipse/2003-05-15_Raleigh/

> Anyway on the West Coast might not get a chance to see much or any of
> this one, however, there is also another one coming later this year
> that will occur completely at night iirc.
>
> David
>

> On 2/26/07, Scott Lambdin <lopaki at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Wouldn't it be better to go somewhere dark?
> > --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2