[TriLUG] CompUSA closing stores

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 28 12:56:18 EST 2007

My favorite was one of my very few (and last) visits to Tiger Direct:

Them: Will this be cash, debit, or charge?
Me: Debit.
Them: What is your phone number?
Me: What do you need that for?
Them: We store it in the database, it helps prevent fraud.
Me: I don't give out that number and I can't possibly see how that helps
prevent fraud.  If anything it is MORE of my personal information.  If you
are concenred about fraudulent activity I'd suggest calling the bank.
Them: We are required to gather this infomatoin.
Me. I don't get it out; your choice, debit my card for all this stuff or
just don't sell it.
Them: It's required, what is your phone number?
Me. Goodbye.