[TriLUG] OT: Fry's

Richard Ryder ryder at cesmail.net
Sat Mar 3 12:51:29 EST 2007

Marc wrote:
> Thanks for the link.  You just reminded me of another one --Micro Center is
> great too.  I have been to their stores in GA and Northern CA/Bay Area.  I
> haven't ever bought anything from them online but they have been very
> straightforward to deal with, with good prices too.
>

> Marc

I've been to the microcenter in Boston many, many times when I lived up
there.  I thought it was great.  Since then I've been to a couple Fry's
when visiting the Phoenix area.  The Fry's are about 10x the size and
selection of Micro Center.

That said, my first Fry's experience was witnessing a fight breaking out
in the parking lot on the way into the store!  The worst thing that ever
happened at Micro Center was that someone recognized the person I was
with from a training video he had done :)  That and listening to some
crazy customer service rep tell us how he didn't need to work there
because he could make so much money from his patents :)

It'd be nice to have both I guess.... And returning to the original
topic it's been a long, long time since CompUSA was a decent store by
any definition, but it was still nice to have around.

Rich