[TriLUG] re: conversion

Tom Ed White tomed at bellsouth.net
Mon Mar 5 14:38:47 EST 2007

I'd like to second that the task oriented approach is IMHO more effective,
esp. more effective than trying to emulate windows apps under Linux.

The things that are still issues for me:

Some web sites will not accept a Linux client, ie Netflix streaming movies.

Certain MS file formats.

Small custom apps, such as a corporate VPN client, that will not run under
Linux.

These are minor problems, though, compared to the benefits.

Tom Ed