[TriLUG] Moving to Linux server?

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 15:46:04 EST 2007

   Can you authenticate users to Linux via LDAP? You do not need to limit
access to web-based access as you can provide real access. Web-based can be
an additional factor. You can share the user's home directories on the
network and people can access them with normal file access tools. E.g. you
can setup an NFS or SAMBA share for each user. Each user can also use SCP
and other remote access protocols (ftp etc). Web-based access is nice but
normal file access is entirely possible. For users with personal web pages
to edit their HTTP config you can setup a separate included conf file and
give each user access to only their conf file. Also look at The Open CD and
XLiveCD for quick and free solutions for dozers. The Open CD has the top 20+
FOSS for 'dows and XLiveCD has X Windows remote access stuff runnable in
'dows (not really a LiveCD in 2007-speak).

TimJowers