[TriLUG] Apache: Segmentation fault errors

James Olin Oden james.oden at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:21:31 EST 2007

On 3/8/07, Robert Dale <robdale at gmail.com> wrote:
> "Before running gdb, be sure that the server is compiled with the -g
> option in EXTRA_CFLAGS to include the symbol information in the object
> files."
>
> You'll have to recompile and don't let it get 'strip'ped.
>
> There is also the off chance that you have bad ram.
>
> Do you have another machine to test the additional VHs?
>
> --
> Robert Dale
>

> On 3/8/07, Paul G. Szabady <Paul at thyservice.com> wrote:
> > Thanks!
> >
> > So, here's my core dump trace.  Is the "No symbol table info available."
> > output normal or am I missing one or more parameters?
You may not need to re-compile, provided your on RedHat or CentOS
there should be a debuginfo package corresponding to apache.   I've
never used one, before but I think all you have to do is install it
and then you have all of apaches symbols.

Robert's right though, in that it lookis like your version of Apache
has been stripped of all symbols such that all you have are memory
addresses (which really skilled individuals can do something with, but
us mere mortals find, well, opaque at best).

Good Luck...james