[TriLUG] OT: your RTP commute? my office is relocating to RTP from Cary

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Thu Mar 8 11:43:16 EST 2007

On Thu, Mar 08, 2007 at 10:21:16AM -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Back in Chicago, you could go from the northern suburbs to the southern ones
> in less than 2 hours, for a very reasonable amount of money. I figured not
> having a car saved me about $10,000.00 per year.

The trains are good, but I sure as heck don't miss my hour and a half (1
way) commute between the western suburbs and downtown Chicago. And I
still needed a car as I lived more than 5 miles from the station. That
said, the train was much better than sitting out on the highway for some
random amount of time longer than TOO LONG.

And now I'm enjoying my 3.5 mile <20 minute commute. Go Morrisville!
Only problem is I don't think I can face changing jobs unless it's close
to home, or I want to move. :-)

Owen