[TriLUG] CPU Considerations/Recommendations

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 14:50:30 EDT 2007

I've been blasted for my views of AMD but I'd say, no, and AMD anything is
not a good choice for a processor (this is based off three different AMD
processors I owned kicking the bucket within one year's time.  Meanwhile my
P-II is still churning out the 1s and 0s God only knows how long after it
was shipped out the door).

Yahoo had a story about the financial well at AMD possibly running dry:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070311/ap_on_bi_ge/amd_intel_shifting_fortunes;_ylt=AhfUbSCIDhPeuOjiO2pl.sfMWM0F

(http://tinyurl.com/yrkw7y)*

*Some other headlines:

*AMD* on The Brink of
Collapse<http://www.shortnews.com/start.cfm?id=60964&rubrik1=Economy&rubrik2=Company%20News&rubrik3=Mergers%20%2F%20Takeovers&sort=1&start=1>
*AMD* Staggering After Brutal Year of Battling
Intel<http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,258365,00.html>
Intel Debuts More Product, The Chips Are Down Again At
AMD<http://www.247wallst.com/2007/03/intel_debuts_mo.html>

This could all be wrong though.  YMMV.

Greg