[TriLUG] Novell & Microsoft - sleeping with the enemy

sholton at mindspring.com sholton at mindspring.com
Fri Mar 16 13:31:45 EDT 2007

"Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver at buni.org> writes:

>You guys do realize that if the tech industry were actually even 1/2 as
>conservative as any of you have specified that it would be considerably
>smaller about now.

I work for that 'conservative' part of the tech industry; conservative
by function and conservative by law. But even we're begining to learn
that 'conservative' does not necessarily translate into 'proprietary'.

>Brian McCullough wrote:

>> Or, "Nobody ever got fired for specifying IBM."

Yeah. I guess we should have taken the hint back when IBM started
specifying Linux.

sholton at mindspring.com
Innovation is a wildflower. You cannot choose where it will blossom; you can only choose where it will not.