[TriLUG] Novell & Microsoft - sleeping with the enemy

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Fri Mar 16 16:30:21 EDT 2007

I imagine the pSeries running Linux is fairly nice.  Unfortunately, in
the wild it tends to be found in an AIX variety.
AIX's real-world I/O and Network performance is a marvel....and its Java
Virtual Machine (at least the 1.42 versions) were a
form of water torture (an experiment in retro-memory management).
However, dang I like those chips....I doubt it is a hardware issue.

-Andy