[TriLUG] unlocking a sonicwall firewall?

Jay Cuthrell jcuthrell at neonova.net
Wed Mar 21 11:33:32 EDT 2007

On Mar 21, 2007, at 10:39 AM, Carl Crider wrote:
> We have a couple of left-over firewalls that we may want to use
> this year.
> They need to be unlocked, or flashed in order for us to use them.
> Anyone
> have experience with this? They are Sonicwall TZ170's

My first recommendation is to place them on a wooden plank in a lake,
set fire to them, and sing a song of victory.

My next recommendation is to open a support case or get a support
contract for these devices so that you are not violating any software
EULA since you didn't mention who rightfully owns these units.

http://www.sonicwall.com/us/Support.html

IANAL, but if you are set on trying to do "password recovery" to make
us of these things...

http://www.google.com/search?q=sonicwall+password+recovery+tz170

HTH,
Jay