[TriLUG] Reverse Samba?

MG mgmonza at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:17:46 EDT 2007

Thanks, everyone.  It does look like I've got things reversed.  I want
to keep the files to be operated on on the client. From looking at the
smbclient and cifs, it looks like they do need to take up space on the
server -  that is, they need to be moved to a Samba share, which has to
be on the server, which is the Linux box.  This was probably so obvious
it's transparent for more advanced users.

OTOH, I've got Samba now - very nice.

MG

Andrew Perrin wrote:
 > You can use smbclient and smbtar (part of the samba package) to mount
and backup the windows machines.

http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu