[TriLUG] Anyone built a MythTV/Freevo box lately - recommendations?

Mike Shaw mdshaw89 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:55:58 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

Has any built a MythTV/Freevo box lately that they would want to share some
experiences about?  I'm looking for experiences with tuner cards/remotes,
etc. and how well/poorly your install went?  Plus any suggestions for or
against components.

 I am not looking into an HD card(unless they are just as cheap as standard
cards) and only plan to get a single tuner card but definitely need a remote
and to do wireless.  I don't have cable or satellite(just rabbit ears) and
plan to get most of my content via the Net or DVD.  Yes - cheap is the
word.  Can I do it for under $500?

Thanks,

Mike Shaw
--
In the future, it will be said that "America is really good at only 3
things: Music, Software and Pizza Delivery", (Snow Crash, ~p20).