[TriLUG] Apache Tomcat 4.0 - configuration question

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 20:09:44 EDT 2007

Thanks Phil

I've been on Google for a couple hours, and found that info (
http://www.juniper.net/security/auto/vulnerabilities/vuln3383.html) finally.

Actually, I found it at almost the same time you emailed me back :)

Warren

On 3/26/07, Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk> wrote:

> Warren Myers wrote:
> > Hi all
> >
> > How do you turn off directory listings in Tomcat 4.0? Right now, I'm
> > facing
> > a situation in which if someone loads a [known] directory that has no
> > index.<htm*|jsp> file, they are getting a directory listing. I don't
> want
> > that.
> >
> IIRC, just edit the main web.xml file's DefaultServlet configuration and
> toggle the "listings" property from true to false.  The file should be
> in a conf directory
> under the root of your Tomcat install.
>

> Phil
>
> --
> http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2