[TriLUG] OT: anyone use Cingular in the triangle area?

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Wed Mar 28 13:16:38 EDT 2007

Greg Brown wrote:
> I'm considering getting an iPhone for my wife but am concerned about the
> local coverage area.
I'm on Cingular... live in Chapel Hill, worked in Raleigh until about 3
weeks ago, work in Cary
now, drive all over the Triangle on a regular basis... and Cingular's
coverage has been perfectly
acceptable to me.  There's one spot on 40 between Raleigh and Chapel
Hill where my
signal always gets pretty scratchy if I'm talking when I drive through
there, but usually
not enough to drop the call.  I can't compare to a lot of the other
carriers since I haven't
used the others, but I can say that I'm not dissatisfied with Cingular's
coverage.

And I do like the roll-over minutes  aspect of their plans. :-)

TTYL,

Phil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes