[TriLUG] lightweight linux distro/pc giveaway

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Wed Mar 28 15:48:32 EDT 2007

jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
> actually I downloaded the newest beta based on the Fiesty fawn and it looks pretty cool.
> It runs as a live cd as well.. It picked up my cisco wireless card just fine. Didnt do
> hardware accelerated X, but it looks pretty well integrated with XFCE. I might end up using
> it on the wifes computer.

Once you install it to your hard disk, getting any of the Ubuntu flavors
to do hardware acceleration is easy.  Well, at least with nvidia anyway.

http://ubuntuguide.org has a wiki that guides you through a lot of these
common tasks that you want to do as soon as you have the OS installed.

--
"Showing off is the fool's idea of glory." - Bruce Lee's observations of
people at TriLUG meetings who won't shut up and let the guest speaker talk