[TriLUG] Firewire Cards on Linux

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 16:38:54 EDT 2007

I've used an Adaptec 3 port full height PCI and a 2 port 1/2 height
PCI (Dell sold me the 1/2 height for an Optiplex small form factor)
and a 3 port Adaptec PC Card in a laptop and all 3 worked perfectly
fine with the CentOS 4 kernel-unsupported build. (regular CentOS
4/RHEL 4 kernel doesn't support firewire).  It worked perfectly in
each case.  I'm sure you won't have much problem, just don't buy
"Stinky's Firewire Card" brand... use a name you trust.

Does anyone know if RHEL 5's kernel will now support firewire by default??

thanks,
David