[TriLUG] need an employee --- scratch that -- need a business partner

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu Apr 5 15:46:50 EDT 2007

Tim Jowers wrote:
>    Some thoughts on cities.

Oh man don't even get me started on that.

Several years ago I was working on a community wireless mesh project in
Philadelphia.  I went to a local organization, Philadelphia Cares, that
helps connect NPO's to one another and with willing volunteers.  They
invited me to a special round table meeting with the mayor's office
having representation and I had some one on one time with the city's CIO
to describe in more detail what it was I was working towards.

Pretty soon thereafter the city announced its own plans of rolling out
its own wireless network and sort of tanked my interest in going any
farther with it.