[TriLUG] SUSE 10.1 Distro

MG mgmonza at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 02:28:17 EDT 2007

Hi, Kathleen,

I looked up the various pages that led me to getting my Lexmark Z615
printer to work.

Just to confirm that yours does indeed look like it won't work, the page
for my Linux driver,
http://downloads.lexmark.com/cgi-perl/downloads.cgi?ccs=229:1:0:525:0:0
lists Linux as one of the operating systems, but the Z730 page lists
only Windows.

On the bright side, the vanilla Z700 page has a May 31st, 2007 date for
download (we all know how deadlines go), so a Linux driver for the 730
may be included in that when it's put up there.   Also, my Z615 is
listed as a paperweight in Linuxprinters.org and it's definitely not.-
if you can find a used one of these cheap, and all you need is black and
white, they're easy to install in CUPS.   I can  give a  step by step if
needed if you're using CUPS.

Good luck with Linux printer hunting - a quirky sport, but indulged in
by more one person in the triangle area.

MG