[TriLUG] OT: WRT54G loosing wired connections

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Tue Apr 17 10:13:07 EDT 2007

Thanks for all the replies.  I forgot to mention that I've been
running this box for about 6 months.  Everything was fine until
the past few weeks.  I'm not sure if maybe my usage pattern has
changed - resulting in more connections.  I doubt it, though.

I'll look for the max ports setting and increase it.  If that
doesn't remedy the problem, then I guess I'll have to decide of the
hassle of resetting it every few weeks is worse than the time
required for the firmware upgrade and resulting configuration
changes....

Thanks!

OlsonE at aosa.army.mil wrote:
> ...same issues with my WRT54GS v2. I ended up switching to DD-WRT v24-r2
> (whatever the latest non-beta is) ....and it works great!
>
> I definitely recommend setting the max number of ports open to something
> higher than the default.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services