[TriLUG] OT: Hijacked Browser Typos

Scott Chilcote scottchilcote at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 11:45:37 EDT 2007

Interesting...

OpenDNS.org looks like a benign alternative, but it does its own typo
hijack.  They go to http://ash.guide.opendns.com/?url=google.cokm
instead (google.cokm is one of my favorite typos).

I use four machines at home and a notebook when I travel, so setting up
a local caching DNS would be a lot of solution for a little problem.

Perhaps this is the excuse I need to get a broadband router that will
let me replace the firmware.

Thanks for the help Dave, Sean, Steve.

--
Scott C.