[TriLUG] Re: OT: 40-50+ Dell 17" CRTs

jonc at nc.rr.com jonc at nc.rr.com
Wed Apr 18 19:48:52 EDT 2007

Come on... We are supposed to "advocate" linux - not "mandate" linux...

I used to sit on the board for an organization just like this. Our goal
was to take drop outs and train them such that they could land an entry
level job in some office situation - giving them a leg up and out into
the work force.

The kids stood a chance of getting hired if we could get most of the
check boxes filled in for SEC forms. None of those check boxes (alas)
mentioned Linux or any Open Source app.

Donations of decent monitors can really help these outreach
organizations - even if they *do* install angry kool-aid on the PC
instead of wondrous joy juice.

Jon