[TriLUG] [OT] long range WAPs

Chris Bullock cgbullock at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 23 08:11:40 EDT 2007

I have a relative that has finally decided to get broadband, only because
there is no DSL or Cable in their area, they are getting satellite.  There
6 people (all family) who want to connect to this connection, the drawback
is that the 2 farthest people away are about 1000' from the
modem/satellite.  What are my options for shooting a signal about 1000' in
2 directions.  There are several tall poles so line of sight is already
there.
Regards,
Chris