[TriLUG] PPTP VPN issues -- wha??

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 18:31:52 EDT 2007

Either... but it was more directed to Mohammed :)

My linksys has been having some issues recently... and I'm going to update
its firmware shortly.

WMM

On 4/24/07, MG <mgmonza at gmail.com> wrote:

> Me or Mohammed?     Unfortunately, mine was leased so no updates for me :(
>

> MG
>

> Warren Myers wrote:
> > Might a firmware update help?
> >
> > WMM
> >
> > On 4/24/07, MG <mgmonza at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Might be totally irrelevant, and I'm no router guru (or Linux guru, for
> >> that matter) but I've had a successfully resolved VPN/router issue
> >> recently.
> >>

> >> My problem was that the older version (BEFCMUH4) of the linksys router
> >> had had too high an MTU rate for Cisco VPN - it needed to be 1300 for
> >> VPN not to fragment the packets and the default MTU was 1500.  It
> >> couldn't be reset on the old router Roadrunner had given me so I
> >> exchanged it for a Motorola surfboard modem for single use, and then a
> >> Netgear router, both of which seem to have cured the VPN fragmenting
> >> problem.
> >>

> >> FWIW -
> >>

> >> MG

> >> traffic.
> decided

> >> vpn
> >> pptp to

> >> log

> >> worked
> >> "Dyndns

> >> verizon
> >> support it?

> >> --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2