[TriLUG] MythTV and exchanging data

Owen Berry oberry at trilug.org
Sat Apr 28 20:11:16 EDT 2007

Am I right in thinking you want a server and client operating over the
Internet? I don't have such a system, but my thoughts are that it should
be possible if you can transfer video data in quite a bit less time than
it would take to watch. For example, if you can consistently transfer
half an hour of video in 15 mins or less, it *should* work. Of course,
you have no control over your network and it may vary from day to day
(or time of day).

I have considered setting up a client and server over my wireless
network, which has some of the same issues, I guess, except my
neighbours have less influence over my bandwidth. :-)

Owen