[TriLUG] This date in history...

Ian Meyer ianmeyer at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:22:33 EDT 2007

Here's food for thought:

Part of what makes Ubuntu attractive is what it includes. The problem
is this also meant is includes software that violates the DMCA,
patent law, that infringes on multiple, enforced patents, and through
its inclusion of binary-only kernel drivers, violates the GPL.

Does Dell really want to open themselves up to this kind of legal
vulnerability?

Methinks someone at Dell just hasn't realized all this yet.

~ian

ps: I stole my information from spot, whom I trust, so plz2not flame
me asking for references for the allegations.