[TriLUG] Feisty was a b*tch of an upgrade

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Wed May 2 16:42:04 EDT 2007

FWIW,

  Knoppix (jan edition) and lots of the CD's from one of those $1 CD vendors
(even their version of FC6!!!) didn't work with my Nvidia 6100 card. Black
screen. Fiesty blacks for a while but comes back. Maybe it's doing something
for those 5 minutes. I'll have to try Fiesty on my desktop which has the
NVidia but just installed it on my laptop with ATI fine.
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP
330M/340M/350M
    Fiesty looks good. A little more polished than FC6. But same tools, GNU,
and Linux under the covers. Wireless worked right off the bat! Hooray! And I
can drag menu icons onto the panel. Hooray! Plus autodiscovery of winduhs
shares worked fine too. Just wish it included VPN in the base install.?
   Overall, very good. Reminds me of Apple back in the day when it was
simply simpler than Windows. I haven't even seen Vista anywhere but guess
it's similar to XP - what a mess compared to Ubuntu.

Tim