[TriLUG] Re: New system configuration thoughts

Kevin Jones mrkevinj at yahoo.com
Thu May 3 16:23:15 EDT 2007

It seems like I read somewhere that RAID 5 begins to really take a beating when you get in to higher numbers of drives due to a 2TB limitation in the algorithm. All of the high-end arrays I've looked at use a different algorithm for providing multiple drive failure tolerance and the speed actually improves (supposedly) with higher numbers of drives.

''...but that one...eh, notsomuch."