[TriLUG] Cisco 815 vs. Scientific Atlanta

Greg Brown gwbrown1 at gmail.com
Tue May 8 13:38:07 EDT 2007

Peeps:

My big outer banks client has had their cable modem replaced with a Webstar
unit.  This thing appears to be dying on a regular basis, possibly
resetting.  I had a cable tech and HAM radio junkie from Ashville staying at
the Park who did his own testing and verified my belief that the modem is
dying, or just can't handle the load.  I've called Charter and they have
said that I could install my own modem.

What are your thoughts?  Scientific Atlanta or Cisco 815?  Or something
else?  It's got to be able to handle quite a steady load.  Your thoughts?

Greg