[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab meeting 5/24 from 7 PM until 9 PM - RSVP

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Wed May 16 14:32:43 EDT 2007

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!!!!!!!!!!
>
> How do you think the LUG is supposed to do anything?  The LUG
> can NOT function if its members don't do anything.  If all you
> want to do is sit back and let the LUG entertain you, well then
> we might as well just close up shop.  That's not the way it works
> and I think you should be ashamed for even suggesting it.  Put
> up or shut up.

For those that are confused about what the Steering Committee is
responsible for, check out the LUG's articles of incorporation.
http://trilug.org/?q=node/18 (scroll down to the Eighth article)

They are also empowered to empower YOU:
"The Steering Committee may establish other offices and any
sub-committees necessary with the approval of their membership during
said Steering Committee's term in office."

Being a general member doesn't necessarily preclude you from doing
anything.  But the Steering Committee is able to empower you to take an
idea and run with it with the full support and backing of the LUG and
its resources.

There is precedent in the LUG for general members stepping up to the
plate and running with ideas.  From RHCE study groups to installfests to
university demonstrations to small business outreach, and more.  So if
you have something in mind, and it's important to you, run with it!