[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

Kevin Otte nivex at nivex.net
Fri May 18 07:05:44 EDT 2007

Jeremy Portzer wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>> How about a compromise?  Tolls for single occupant SUVs on 540?
>>

> I'm sure hybrid vehicles would be excepted though.  :-)
>
> --Jeremy
>
> (David drives a hybrid SUV, for those wondering what the heck this part
> of the thread is about...)

While I recognize the humor intended by Andrew's statement, the problem
is the tolls aren't for environmental protection purposes.  The tolls
are for politician protection purposes.  Money got mis-allocated and now
those who erred don't want to correct the problem, so as is typical in
America these days, the cost is passed on to us.

I do commend David for his decision to purchase a hybrid vehicle, but I
think efforts would be better spent improving and then using public
transit in the area.  Less cars on the road is a better situation all
around.  Of course, I think we've sufficiently pounded that deceased
equine here before.

-- Kevin