[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

J.C. Jones jonesjc at intrex.net
Sat May 19 18:19:57 EDT 2007

Glenn,

Let's be fair, Toll roads in the past have been useful ( and profitable
to those who built and operated them ). One of my ancestors built and
operated a toll road between South Carolina and North Carolina. Here is
a description of what is left of his toll road. It is now a hiking trail.

"The 5.3-mile Jones Gap Trail follows an old toll road that was built by
Solomon Jones in 1840 and was in use until 1910. The trail, a spur of
the 80-mile long Foothills Trail, runs from US 276 above Caesars Head in
the west to Jones Gap State Park in the east."

I do agree that the toll road that is the subject of this thread does
equal banditry.

jcj

--
Visit my weblog at: http://www.wendellgeek.com/weblog/