[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

tomed at bellsouth.net tomed at bellsouth.net
Mon May 21 09:15:50 EDT 2007

In areas like this, where sprawl is maximal and public transport is
minimal, the combination of bicycling and bus has a lot of synergy.
Both modes mitigate each other's deficiencies: transit will carry
you and your bike through heavy traffic, and when the busses aren't
running, traffic tends to be light.

Attacking sprawl with a bike, though, takes a lot more physical
strength and stamina than what most people have. It was a real shock
to my system when I started. Discouraging at first. Developing more
S&S, though, has turned out to be the biggest benefit of all - much
more important than financial savings.

Tom Ed