[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Mon May 21 09:57:59 EDT 2007

jason at monsterjam.org wrote:
> get a motorcycle.. ;)

I had considered that.  The idea isn't necessarily to burn less
petroleum.  It's to burn NONE.

I'm not exactly a tree hugging hippy but even I see that we have reached
"Peak Oil", probably years ago, and the only way we're going to be able
to continue to thrive is to re-examine the fundamental ways in which we
live and what we really "need" vs. what is simply a convenience.

If there were such a thing as a reasonably priced electric motorcycle
with a ~60-80 mile range that plugged into an outlet at night to
"refuel" I'd probably consider it.  Yes, it's shifting the energy burden
upstream, but economies of scale make that a vast improvement over
individual internal combustion engines.