[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

tomed at bellsouth.net tomed at bellsouth.net
Mon May 21 10:43:45 EDT 2007

I've got an electric bicycle that I use a lot. I'd be happy to demo
it at a TriLug meeting, if folks are interested. Or I can arrange
to meet individuals.

It's designed to train with; you can adjust the overall level of
assist. I find that, as stamina increases, I enjoy using more of my
own power. There's no throttle. You set the assist level and then
just ride like a regular bike.

It's light weight enough so that it's still a bike. It works well with
no power at all. Total weight of bike, motor, and battery is around
45 lbs. A regular hybrid/commuter bike is usually around 30 lbs, and
a high end road/racer is 14-20 lbs.

Cruising speed with minimal assist is around 15 mph, with around a
40 mile range (the manufacturer claims 60.)

Tom Ed